From the Pen of the Pastor
March 7, 2021
(1) We will have Bible Study this coming Wednesday night in the church Fellowship Center at 7:00 pm. We will be studying Deuteronomy Chapter 18.
(2) Our regular church service will be this coming Sunday at 11:00 am.
The Pastor's Thoughts for March
One of the most widely read books of all time is the "Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire' written in 1788 by Edward Gibbon. It sets forth five basic reasons why that great civilization withered and died. These were
1. The undermining of the dignity and sanctity of the home, which is the basis for human society.
2. Higher and higher taxes; the spending of public money for free bread and circuses for the populace.
3. the mad craze for pleasure, sports becoming every year more exciting , more brutal, more immoral.
4. The building of great armaments when the real enemy was within - the decay of individual responsibility.
5. The decay of religion, faith fading into mere form, losing touch with life, losing power to guide the people. "
The oft -heard warning that history repeats itself has an ominous meaning in light of the above. The average age of the world's great civilizations has been 200 years.
If The Lord's Will:
In July of this year our nation will be celebrating it's 245th birthday We, as a nation are living on borrowed time. The hope that we have as a nation is that we have a revival that will turn this nation back to God. the answer is not complicated: 2 Chronicles 7:14 says: If my people which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.
Due to Covid -19, our Revival for the month of March will feature the following evangelists during our regular Sunday morning services. Please come and support these men as follows:
Sunday March 7 Terry Pace
Sunday March 14 Ronald Guffey
Sunday March 21 Brent Tatum
Sunday March 28 Jacky Waits
During the month of March, Bible study will be held in the Fellowship Center every Wednesday night starting at 7:00 pm. There is plenty of room to social distance in the Fellowship Center. Please see the events page for upcoming events
If you are unable to attend services in person this Sunday, hover your Cursor over "PEN OF THE PASTOR" above and click on the link "Pastor Green Video" when it appears.
Pastor Green would also like to ask that congregants who are unable to attend services send their your tithes and offerings to:
Pine Grove Baptist Church
P.O. Box 1476
Cartersville, GA 30120
Attention: Stephen Lively
It is important to get these funds into our system in order to support our charitable operations as well as continue the operations of our church. Electric, gas, telephone, insurance, maintenance, and etc.
Special Prayer Requests:
1. Pray for our church, our nation and our leaders.
2. Pray for all who are recovering from natural disasters, and those who are assisting in the cleanup effort.
3. Pray for the persecuted Christians around the world.
4. Pray for all missionaries.
5. Pray for every church without a pastor.
6. Pray for all schools, colleges, etc.
7. Pray for all who have the coronavirus and also pray that the spread of it will come to an end.
8. Pray that confusion and division will cease and that God will lead to proper answers for the problems facing our country.